This post will officially publish on my thirtieth birthday.
Most people, from what I've discovered from clients working as a makeup artist, don't want to head into another decade for they see it as doom. I, however, have a very different feeling.
My twenties were stormy at best. I lingered in a constant state of unknown: not sure about myself, didn't know what I wanted to do with my life, second guessing every decision, always feeling out of place, and focusing on invariably comparing myself to everyone else my age. Can we say not healthy?
I open my arms to my thirties. I have been looking forward to a fresh start. Several weeks ago, I decided to start What Inspires You? Daily as a means to help me cultivate my best life in this new stage of age, so to speak. Say an accountability partner since it's very easy for me to get down and distracted from the bigger picture at whole -- ESFJ anyone? For more about What Inspires You Daily, check out the introduction post here.
With introducing myself, I wanted to also share a few facts about myself for you, lovely readers, so you can get to know me a bit better via this platform.
1. This fact is more commonly known, but I have a four and a half year old mutt, my husband, Michael, rescued from the shelter back in 2012. Sox is my whole world and I absolutely adore him. He is such a great pup!
2. This tidbit always shocks people, and I don't know why, but I'm left handed. I have been for a whole thirty years.
3. I am a sucker for meal prepping. I love to cook, but it wasn't always that away. I became food cultured after working in kitchens as a server for many years, but now, I have a passion for food both at home and dining out. I especially love one dish dinners.
4. I'm obsessed with EDM music. Ferry Corsten has always been a tried and true favorite for me.
5. I am most at peace out in nature. There are many incredible state parks in North Carolina within a short drive of us, so often on my days off, I steal away to them with Sox to clear my head and get some exercise. The quiet is much needed in our noisy lives.
6. I was born in Hawaii due to the fact that my Dad was in the Marine Corps, so we traveled around quite a bit when I was young. I think being a military brat instilled the wanderlust gene inside of me.
7. My husband and I did not like each other in high school. I was the overachiever with good grades and he was, well, let's just say, he was the class clown (still is!). We've been together nine years now.
8. You will be adored forever if you bring me a cup of coffee and a cream cheese pastry (preferably from La Farm!).
9. Even though I work as a makeup artist, I'm not a girly girl. I like minimalist makeup, if any, and a jeans and t-shirt kind of vibe most days.
10. I love to read. I wish I could say I'm a voracious reader, but there are days where I'm only to fit in five minutes to read before my eyelids feel too heavy. When I do get time to read, though, watch out written word, I'm coming for ya!
11. Bonus! I smile a lot. I don't know why. I just always have. Some people say I smile too much, but better that than the alternative.
PS. What inspires me today? A new decade, celebrating my birthday with family and friends, and looking back on all the memories of my life with gratitude in my heart.
I hope you were able to get to know me a little bit better! I'd love to hear a fun fact about you that people may not know...comment below and share with us!